Friday, March 13, 2009

Power Tower~ by McKenna Rose


The Power Tower


By McKenna Rose



Here we are on the Power Tower.


I can see everything, it's like I'm in Heaven.


I see the other Power Tower,


And everyone is screaming.


I see my sister holding my hand.


I squeeze her hand as I scream very loud.


Whoosh, down we go...


Whoosh, up we go.


I wanted to get off,


But when I got off,


I wanted to get back on again.




This is a little poem by my 9 year old daughter, McKenna Rose. It is so important to encourage young writers. Thanks so much indulging a proud Mama!


~K

3 Notes From My Friends:

Gail said...

Hi K! ~

I did not know you had a blog! As always I love your blog like your MS. I too encourage young readers & writers. I loved McKenna Rose's poem! I read you also like The Lovely Bones. I too and my daughter have read that book. Well take care my friend and I will visit again!
Hugs ~ Gail :)

South Dakota Mom said...

I didn't know you had a blog either! I found you on Karen's blog. Thanks for stopping in.
~K

Heartfelt living said...

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for the get well wishes. They mean so much.
McKenna Rose's poem is just beautiful. She is very talented. I love her picture too, she is as pretty as her mom!
Thanks for the visit...hope you are doing well.
Hugs,
Karen