Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow Day

"At Christmas, I no more desire a rose
Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled shows,
But like of each thing that in season grows."
~Shakespeare

Yay a snow day! The kids have just been going nuts waiting for a snow day, and they finally got one. My kids love the winter, and playing in the snow. We didn't get a great deal of snow, but school was closed anyway. The small town school, that McKenna attends, has alot of bus riders from the country. If the buses can't make it on the country roads to pick up the kids, well then they have no school. We had a lot of rain before it snowed, so there was a layer of ice on the country roads, and the buses can't drive on the ice. So the kids got their wish. The snow was too powdery to make a snow man, but they had fun tossing it around, and making snow angels. They also went on sleds being pulled by the quads. They had so much fun. I made a huge pot of stew to warm everyone up after all the outdoor fun. I love snow during the holiday season.

My Little Snow Bunny

My Little Snow Monkey

Playing in the Snow

My Snow Angels

My Little Snow Dog

Hitching A Ride

Away They Go

The snow put Brendan into the Holiday Spirit.<

0 Notes From My Friends: